Hepburn Wind is owned by Australians just like you. Community members have contributed their time, energy and money to build the project and ensure it operates efficiently in the national grid, generating clean, safe renewable energy.
Hepburn Wind has shown others what is possible. Our co-operative has shared its story and knowledge with many communities around the country who want to build their own project and power their communities with clean energy. So while it might be the first community owned project in Australia, it’s certainly not going to be the last.
How does the Hepburn Wind & Powershop partnership work?
- Meridian’s Shaun and Gus will take care of our turbines Gale and Gusto
- Meridian will manage the output of our wind farm
- We get a financial contribution from Powershop for every new customer and for customer loyalty
- We get to sell our Community Green Renewable Energy Certificate Product on their platform
In case you don’t know much about Powershop, here’s some reasons to love them:
- They’re Australia’s greenest power company (Greenpeace Green Electricity Guide 2014 & 2015)
- They’re Australia’s first and only 100% certified carbon neutral electricity retailer
- They have super competitive rates, plus no credit card fees
- They offer great discounts off usage AND supply charges
- They don’t lock you into contracts or charge exit fees
- They have an awesome smartphone app & online usage tools
- They provide monthly online billing to avoid bill shock
Why switch to Powershop?
For every person who switches to Powershop through the Hepburn Wind campaign, Powershop will make a financial contribution to Hepburn Wind. These contributions will enable us to continue our integral work in greening our local community. Plus, you’ll get a $25 power credit once your switch is complete to get you started with Powershop.
How do I switch my electricity to Powershop?
All you need to do is have your email address ready and complete the online sign up form via the Hepburn Wind page on Powershop’s website (www.powershop.com.au/hepburnwind). It takes about 5 minutes and Powershop take care of the rest, plus they will even cover the cost of any exit fees your current provider charges (up to $75).
Prefer to speak to a person?
Call Powershop on 1800 462 668 and make sure you mention Hepburn Wind.