Our Community Fund Round V
The Community Fund is part of our long-held commitment to share the benefits of our wind farm with the broader region.
Over the past five years the Community Fund has supported 52 projects totalling $102,730 worth of small grants, supported both by wind farm revenue and also from our energy partner.
We are proud to announce the successful recipients of Round V of the Hepburn Wind Community Fund for 2017. This year we received eleven applications totalling almost $45,000 and selected seven projects to share in a total of $13,730.
The successful local projects are:
- Tripwire Theatre Inc Hollow
- Daylesford Secondary College Spark
- Glenlyon Upper Loddon Landcare Group What’s in Our Backyard at Glenlyon?
- Cornish Hill Committee of Management Safeguarding the Scascighini Puddler
- Hepburn Wholefoods Collective Fitout for new premises
- Trentham Food Hub Trentham Food Hub – Distribution Hub
- Trentham Neighbourhood Centre Inc. Trentham Food Co-op and Community Garden
In addition, our ‘rolling’ fund for renewable energy projects remains open. The Energy Fund welcomes inquiries from community members keen to develop renewable energy projects in our local area that provide opportunities for wide community participation.
We are particularly grateful to Powershop — our energy retail partner — and our supporters who have signed up to our new product with Powershop. By purchasing your electricity through Hepburn Wind’s product with Powershop you are contribution to our Community and Energy Fund and helping transition our shire to zero-net energy. If you have not already and would like to switch to Powershop follow the link here www.hepburnwind.com.au/powershop/.
We would also like to expresses our gratitude to all applicants as well as to the members of our Community Fund committee who have again given so generously of their time to ensure a robust and fair process.