Our AGM is only two weeks away!
Hepburn Wind will host its 2018 Annual General Meeting on Saturday 3 November at the Victoria Park Pavilion. We encourage all members to attend to hear from our International guest speaker and receive a number of important updates.
Guest Speaker: Iris Degenhardt-Meister
This year we have an esteemed international guest from Germany, Iris Degenhardt-Meister.
Iris Degenhardt-Meister is the chair of the Citizen Energy Co-operative in Wolfhagen, Germany. This co-operative owns a portion of the regions 22MW’s of renewable energy capacity, in collaboration with the local municipality.
This co-operative owns a significant portion of the regions 22MW’s of renewable energy capacity (roughly 25%) and is also a shareholder in various regional wind farms, generating income for its members and the broader community. Currently, the region is a net exporter of electricity, having reached their target for 100% renewable and now exceeded that figure by 20%.
Iris has been a champion of this transition and her community are a great inspiration for our shire’s transition to zero-net energy.
Special Resolution: proposed amendments to the rules
Due to the increased profitability of the wind farm, Hepburn Wind will potentially be in a position to provide a dividend to Members in the next financial year. Subsequently, the board is putting forward a rule change that would enable the co-operative to make payment of an Interim Dividend (one that occurs prior to an Annual General Meeting).
We encourage co-operative members who would like to vote on this rule change to attend the Annual General Meeting that will be held on the 3rd of November 2018.
Annual General Meeting: details and documents
Please note the following:
- The AGM will be located at the Victoria Park Pavillion at 3021 Ballan-Daylesford Road in Daylesford.
- Registration and morning tea will begin at 10.00am, with the formal meeting commencing at 10.30am sharp.
- To assist with catering, please RSVP here, at by 5pm Thursday 25 October. Apologies may be lodged via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office on 5348 6760.
- All meeting documents including the annual report for the year ended 30 June 2018 are available here.
- If you require printed copies, please contact our office on 5348 6760.
We look forward to seeing you there!